December 31, 2009






First, Sister #5 came over for the long awaited and traditional tea party. She and Princess and Domestic Goddess and even Cupcake love doing this, with Sister #5's lovely collection of many different tea sets. Aunt brings snacks and they talk just like a bunch of old English dames on the PBS shows my sister loves to watch. It is really hilarious to listen to. This year, even the Boy tried to get in on the fun.

During the day we took the kids sledding. Hubby's brother #1 was able to meet us with his girlfriend at a local park, and Sister #2 and Sister #4 and family also came along. We had a blast up and down, up and down. The Boy, who has NO fear, went down the crazy, fast, hills and wanted to go again and again. News didn't like it much, and so he and I hung out and took pictures. Princess had a lot of fun playing games and being pulled on the level ground on the sled by Bro #1's girlfriend. You see the difference here between boys and girls! :)

We were all freezing at the end of a good hour's worth of sledding, but the kids talk about this every year.New Year's Eve was finally here. Everyone (all the fam) came over and we ate a ton of food, including caramel popcorn, poppyseed bread, cookies, divinity (it set up right this time), more fudge, turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, Chex mix, and I can't remember what else.

We played a lot of games, and chatted. Sister #4 and I got a little hyped on too much sugar, but we had fun. Her husband was out with the boys, so the two of us hooked up as the husbandless ones for the evening. (Hubby and I were fighting, so we rang in 2009 not speaking to each other.) He spent the night hanging in the bedroom watching some dumb TV movie.

I hate to admit it,but I really think New Year's is overrated. Nothing special happens at midnight, so why not just go to bed when you are tired? Oh well, it only comes once a year. . . We did stay up until midnight. Sister #4 slept over, so that was fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment