Sept. 2, 2009









Well today was our first ever cultural afternoon/festival, and it was fun--and I didn't feel like it was impossible.


We are studying England this week, and so I prepared an English tea with cucumber and watercress sandwiches, biscuits with cream (I pretended it was clotted) and jam, and muffins. We didn't actually have tea, and no one but Domestic Goddess loved the cucumber and watercress sandwiches (go figure!), but still. We read our different books about England, and discussed religion, flag, history, and exciting places to visit. Then we watched Rick Steves travel DVD about England, which I loved. Princess created a simple lapbook about England and the Boy slept through it all.

Domestic Goddess made the addition of clown cupcakes to the English tea. She gets e-mails from Taste of Home and other recipe sites, and uses all of the recipes to enrich our family's dining experiences. She used to copy recipes from my cookbooks into a small spiral pad, and did it several places, like at dance, until Cupcake was embarassed. Even Domestic Goddess had to admit she got some strange looks, so, hence the recipes online. But, I digress.
I do think though that our first cultural gathering/festival was a success!






2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOHHHHHH MY GOSH! UNBELIEVABLE! Welcome to a whole new world. I am SOOOOOOO excited. I love reading this, especially with the nicknames. Super Cute!!!! I hope you keep it up. I am trying to catch up myself, but it is much easier than scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog. I'm so excited to see you all on here! The Tea Party looks like fun :) Wish they had that in mainstream schools!

    ReplyDelete