February 28,2010

Today was the long awaited duet piano recital--I was so grateful! The girls (Cupcake and Domestic Goddess) played both parts together of a duet called "I Love the Piano." For anyone, that has seen the old movie, "Easter Parade" Judy Garland and Fred Astaire sing it together. It isn't the piece's original name.

Anyway, they practiced for months, much harder at the end--because it was a struggle for both of them. They cried, they fought, they whined, they criticized and insulted each other. At the end, Hubby and I couldn't WAIT for them to stop practicing together.

The recital was held in the music building on the campus at the University of North Texas--and we were late. We didn't even end up getting a program, because we walked in right before it started.

Anyway, in the end, the girls played beautifully! And, they have to keep practicing for the judge in May--hopefully I can withstand it!

No comments:

Post a Comment