June 21, 2010--June 25, 2010
















Girls camp here we come! I was asked sort of at the last minute to attend girls camp this year. And now, I am not in young women. However, I felt guilt and because I LOVE the YW president, and decided to go anyway. I told her that I would to have to drive because since I was in the middle of a class, I would have to drive into town everyday so I could get WiFi and post to the classroom. I did some research and found that there was WiFi at the campground, and there was also a neighboring town not too far away with WiFi as well. And so. . .

Well, the trip started off well. I was driving along playing an in-car game with a bunch of giggly girls, when suddenly going up a hill, my van died. Transmission trouble again, after replacing it not even quite a year ago. So, Cupcake and I and one of the male priesthood holders had the van towed into the nearest town and then had them take us to a Mexican restaurant. We ate and waited until one of the leaders from camp could get to camp, unload, and come back to get us. I can't think of much that was positive about this experience, except that we did get to enjoy A/C and restaurant food for a couple more hours than the rest of the campers. Plus, I felt bad over the whole thing. So, then hubby drove down, picked up the van, and towed it to the dealership to have ANOTHER tranmission put in. At this point, I will be driving the car for 17 more years just so I can break even . . .

Anyway, back to camp. We went to Inks Lake, and stayed in tents. We cooked lots of food and hiked and swam and went canoeing. We also visited the local fish hatchery and visited some local caves. We sang camp songs and made crafts and took a lot of showers, because it was so HOT! The nights were the worst. However, we made it through, and we all had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed getting to know the girls better!

No comments:

Post a Comment