Well, so much for my resolve. I was going to take the summer off from going to UT. Save money. Let the kids stay home with their friends (Cupcake is the only who REALLY cares). Then, my dad called. He worked the same persuasive magic that he has been working with me my entire life, and lo and behold, the kids and I were on our way to Utah. This was to be the first time the kids and I would ever drive up by ourselves--and after doing it, I don't think it will be the last.
We drove and drove for about 13-14 hours the first day. I stopped in Cheyenne the first night, and because it was so close to the Fourth of July weekend, I had a difficult time finding a reasonable hotel. We ordered pizza and slept. The next day was the longest. We finally made it about 2 p.m. Grandma and Grandpa had Olive Garden salad, breadsticks and soup waiting--heaven!
Take note of the pedicure materials that Domestic Goddess brought along--just in case!
No comments:
Post a Comment